For capital A, start at the rooftop, go down the slide to the sidewalk, then down the slide the other way, and cross at th fencethe fence.
· For lowercase a, don't start at the fence. Start under the fence. Go up and touch t
he fence, then around and touch the sidewalk, around and straight down.
· For capital B, go straight down to the sidewalk, around for his big chest, and around for his big tummy.
· For lowercase b, start at the roof, go down, b-b-bounce up and around.
· For capital C, start just below the rooftop, go up to touch, around, and up.
· For lowercase c, start like little a: Go up and touch the fence, then around and up.
· For capital D, start at the roof, go straight down, pick up, and go around.
· For lowercase d, first little c, then little d.
· For capital E, go down for a strong backbone, over for his hat, over for his belt, over for his shoes.
· For lowercase e, get in the center of the space below the fence; go toward the door (or window), up to touch the fence, around and up.
· For capital F, go down, over for his hat, over for his belt (but no shoes).
· For lowercase f, start to make a little c up in the air, then straighten it out, go down, and cross at the fence.
· For capital G, form a big C, then come back to the line to give him a tray to hold straight.
· For lowercase g, first make a, then, gee, that's a good idea: If the ball falls, it falls into the basket.
· For capital H, down for a wall, down for a wall, then cross at the fence.
· For lowercase h, start at the rooftop, come down, and hump over.
· For capital I, start with a straight back, then give him his headdress and his moccasins.
· For lowercase i, go down from the fence, and give him a feather.
· For capital J, go down, and turn to make a basket, and put his hat on.
· For lowercase j, start at the fence, go down through the sidewalk, and turn the same way, and give him a dot.
· For capital K, go down, come out here, into the center, and down to the sidewalk.
· Lowercase k is just as tall as his daddy. Start at the rooftop, go down, pick up at the fence, into the center and down.
· For capital L, go down and turn the corner.
· For lowercase l, just a straight line down from the rooftop to the sidewalk.
· For capital M, go down straight, down the slide, up the slide, and down straight.
· For lowercase m, go down, hump around, hump around.
· For capital N, go down straight, down the slide, down straight.
· For lowercase n, go down, up, and hump over.
· For capital O, always form a C first, and then close it up.
· For lowercase o, same way: first a little c and close it up.
· For capital P, go down, pick up, and around to the fence.
· For lowercase p, start at the fence, go straight down into the ditch, come up and put his chin on the sidewalk.
· For capital Q, first make a big O, and give the queen her walking stick.
· For lowercase q, start with an a, come down, and give the queen some curly hair.
· For capital R, down, pick up, and around to the fence, then slant down.
· For lowercase r, down, up, and hook over.
· For capital S, first form a c up in the air between the rooftop and the fence, then swing back.
· For lowercase s, form a tiny c up in the air, and then swing back.
· For capital T, go down and cross at the top.
· Lowercase t is just a teenager, not as tall as his daddy, but not short either; cross at the fence.
· For capital U, down, curve, and up (no stem).
· For lowercase u, down, curve up, and straight down for a stem.
· For capital V, slant down and up.
· For lowercase v, slant down and up.
· For capital W, slant down, up, down, up.
· For lowercase w, down, up, down, up.
· For capital X, down on a slant, pick up, back in the other direction.
· For lowercase x, down and back.
· For capital Y, start with a v up in the air, and put a stem on it.
· For lowercase y, go down on a slant, pick up your pencil, slant down, touch, and on into the ditch.
· For capital Z, make a 7, and then go back.· For lowercase z, make a little 7, and then go back.