Education & Certifications:
Graduated from Hilbert College with AAS Legal Secretarial Degree, 1985
Graduated from Buffalo State College with Bachelors of Science, Business Education Degree, 1987.
Earned Masters Degree in Business Education from Alfred University, 1992.
- Began teaching here (former Canisteo Central School District), Feb. 1988.
- Worked as a receptionist to the Manager for the Bookstore at Buffalo State College for 2 years while attending college.
- Currently the HS Newspaper Advisor, PLC Team Leader, and Secretary for the CGEA.
- The typesetter for the Hornell High School Alumni News Journal, creating the publication in coordination with the editor, for the past six years.
Have been advisor in the following positions over the years: Student Senate, Sophomore Class, Freshmen Class, Junior Class, Senior Class, NJHS 8/9 and Computer Club.
Recognized by Who's Who Among High School Teachers several years.
HS Representative for Bath Teacher's Center for many years.
Worked with student teachers from Alfred University for many years.
United Way Campaign Coordinator for two years.
- In my free time, I enjoy reading, scrapbooking, gardening, and spending time with my family.
- My daughter, Vanessa, graduated from Canisteo-Greenwood HS in June 2017 and is attending Alfred State College in the Business Administration Program; she will graduate December 2020 with her bachelor's degree. My eldest daughter, Brianna, graduated from C-G in June 2014 and from Alfred State College in May 2017 with her Associate's Degree in Court & Realtime Reporting. She worked as a freelance Court Reporter for Verbatim Court & Realtime Reporting based out of Elmira for one year and is currently the Front Desk Manager at The Saxon Inn of Alfred University.
- Volunteer work I have been involved in and/or am currently active in my community includes serving as past VP of Parent Partnership at St. Ann School; member of the Liturgy Committee & Bereavement Group/Chairperson of Bereavement Committee for Our Lady of the Valley (OLV) Parish; Eucharistic Minister and Lector at OLVParish; Coordinator of Lectors, OLV Parish; past Secretary for Canisteo-Greenwood Booster Club; and member of Fundraising Committee & volunteering at the Hornell Humane Society with my daughters.
May you live a long life
Full of gladness and health,
With a pocket full of gold
As the least of your wealth.
May the dreams you hold dearest,
Be those which come true,
The kindness you spread,Keep returning to you.