The Emergency Broadband Benefit is a temporary FCC program to help households struggling to afford internet service during the pandemic.
WHAT IS IT?
The benefit provides:
• Up to $50/month discount for Internet services
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
• Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guide lines or participates in certain government assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
• Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch or breakfast program; or did so in the 2019-2020 school year;
• Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
• Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020; or
• Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s